CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 24, 2007

Ah, the sweet feeling of being RIGHT...

Lol... so... my ex has a new girlfriend.

This is amusing on several counts. I'm not remotely surprised, and I'm totally happy for them... but I'm also glad that I dumped him when I did. It wasn't going anywhere, and he's... well, when we broke up, he insisted that he couldn't even think of holding hands with another girl until I left for school, but it's only been two months, I'm still here, and he's deeply madly into her. My grandma warned me that he was the wishy-washy type, more concerned with conquering me and having a makeout buddy than with being with me, and, as always, she was right. I hope the new girlfriend gets the good end of it, though. He was a crash-course in romance for me, which was great for me if bad for him, but I'm afraid he might be the same for her...

Of course, it would have been nice if he'd pined over me a little longer. Although I guess a month of pining for a two-month relationship isn't half bad... Lol...

And, as you may have gathered, yes, I am pretty new to all this relationship stuff. Which is why I'm interested in the PU stuff... I don't want to end up with someone I'm not totally into because my options are so limited, and I don't want to be naive enough to dive headfirst into a relationship just because I feel powerless. I ended up with him because he liked me and made me feel like someone didn't think of me as just a friend. How much better would it be to have lots of people like me and see me as something other than a friend, and then have my pick of the lot?

Oh... and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Liza said...

Great post and yes, it would be much better to be able to pick whoever you want instead of waiting for any random guy to come along. The awesome thing is that it's very POSSIBLE, a lot of women just don't get that! And it's always good to meet that one guy who, even though he's not right for a relationship, unknowingly helps you to change your outlook on relationships and set goals as to where you want to be. One bad/unsuccessful relationship can really open your eyes.

Vanilla Soup
Women's Lair

Circe said...

That is SO true. Even if relationships don't work out, I think you can learn a lot from all of them.