CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

This Just In:

Yeah, I'm still alive!

Been busy... out of town... sick... and kicking serious butt on the novel I'm writing, which is almost done. Yay!

Now: new report. Good report. FABULOUS report. I'm copying this from a post I made on our forum.

I was hanging out with some friends last night, and I was really tired and stayed in the corner and zoned out for most of the evening. A few of the girls were swarming around this guy (one of my main targets for the past while) and I figured I wouldn't try to compete with them.
Once most of the people had left, it was just me, one other girl, and six or so guys. So I planted myself in the middle of them and announced that I was tired and wasn't going to be interesting, so they would have to entertain me, which got a couple fun song and dance routines out of them, and then some of the younger guys left (usually a good thing, in my book...) and I was within minutes this dazzling belle being actively competed for by three guys.

The secret: I'd been reading "The MANual" (by Steve Santagati) that morning. I'm not sure WHAT key idea triggered this outrageous flirt to come out, but I think it had something to do with the concepts of:
1) Being consistently spontaneous. I was playful and never paid attention to one of them for more than a few minutes in a row, and texted one while I was talking to another and vice-versa. (It was a casual environment and we were all texting each other during our conversations, so it was fun rather than rude, lol.) For reference, it's really fun to have a light conversation going at the same time as serious I-really-like-you texts.
2) Being just a little bit naughty. I usually come across as being rather innocent and bookish, so it was fun to really come out of my shell and make a lot of teasing "You just want me for my body" and "I have that effect on men" comments.
3) Realizing that sex+comedy is a man's favorite pasttime. I walked in on a rather subtle but hilarius dirty joke; they were really surprised that I got it, and seemed delighted that I could swing around and make a few sharp ones myself. I love surprising guys.
So... yeah. It was fun, and I got a huge energy surge, and a huge confidence boost. It helps that I really enjoy the company of all these guys. It's awesome to be the one spot of estrogen amid all that testosterone, lol.
Also, I have just gotten my hands on a copy of "Rules of the Game: The StyleLife Challenge" and am looking forward to starting it. Expect updates!

0 comments: